Reiki translates from Japanese to mean "universal life energy". It is used to treat the person as a whole rather than a specific area. Reiki promotes a sense of calm and wellbeing in both an emotional and spiritual sense.
Reiki was developed by Mikao Usui in the early twentieth century and all masters are descended from his lineage.
What does Reiki feel like?
Reiki affects everyone differently. Some people feel a sense of deep relaxation and comfort. Others feel a warmth or tingling during the session. Reiki can also bring an emotional release as blockages are removed.
How can Reiki benefit me?
Reiki energy will naturally go to the area where it is needed. It can benefit in many ways:
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Aids the body's natural healing promoting better sleep
- Helps to calm and balance the mind
- Reduces negative thought patterns and emotions
- Can help reduce pain and aid faster recovery